The Benefits of the Covenant People
Deut 28:1-13; 2 Peter 2:1-11,
Today i want to share on the covent benefits to the people of God called Israelites.
- The brevity of celebration in life prompts;
- Dependency upon God at the sight of a need
- The miracle performing staff.
- The desert walk with God.
- The scarcity of the basic provisions: security, water and food.
- The miracle water from the rock.
- The promise of healing- and divine presence,
- The divine relocation from Mara to Elim.
- The abundant provisions at Elim- refreshing water, shade, comfort, life;
Lessons: why problems?
The World’s devastating problem today :
1, sin– influence of evil in human affair
2, sufferings– poverty and disease
3, death– eternal punishment .
- They are God’s ordained– divine set ups.
- Trials reveal our inadequacy and bring us to the sufficiency of Christ,
- Trials take us to our knees: strengthen faith.
- They come with a purpose– to shape and fashion us to the plan of God.
- They are but for a season– they don’t last long
They make us realize that:
- Life Is A Mixture
- Life Has A Master
- Life Has A Ministry
- God Is Aware Of Our Needs
- God Is Able To Meet Our Need
- God is Always with Us.
Illus: pastors child jig-saw puzzle to Align with God: Have Jesus in the right place.
His Promises are yeah and AMEN:
- Power- over unknowns:
April 14, 2017